Eliane Kozal from Eatsandtreatsdxb is sharing with us this week a delicious recipe for Gluten & Dairy Free Blueberry Lemon Bread with a coconut twist.
This is a delicious, healthy, flavorful quick bread that you can enjoy in the morning, or in the afternoon with cup of tea or coffee. It’s moist, sweet and fluffy and very easy to make. She has listed the ingredients and the steps for you to follow and enjoy. And remember if you bake it, send us your photos and we will post them in our Instagram feed.
INGREDIENTS THAT YOU WILL NEED
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour (all-purpose flour is good also if non-Gluten free) + 1 tbsp of the flour you decide to use to coat the blueberries.
1 tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1 tbsp Vanilla
2 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup Fresh Blueberries
PREPARATION OF THE BLUEBERRY LEMON BREAD WITH A COCONUT TWIST
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and lightly grease your pan with non-sticky oil.
2) In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients; Flour, Baking powder then set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, use the hand mixer and blend together the eggs until foamy. Then add sugar and mix well until it dissolves. After that add the coconut milk, oil, vanilla, coconut flakes, lemon Juice and Lemon zest.
4) While slowly mixing, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 batches. Stop mixing as soon as it’s properly combined.
5) Rinse off the blueberries and cut them in half then coat them with 1 tbsp of flour.
6) Add the coated berries to the cake mix and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
7) Bake for approximately 50 – 55 min. Then let it cool down before turning.
And… Khalas! Ready to yumm yumm!
If you want to see other delicious but healthy recipes of sweets check these ones: