This orange vanilla cake is perfect for the scorching summer we suffer here in Dubai. It’s light, refreshing, and better served cold. It’s also very easy to make and is gluten and dairy free and has no refined sugar.
Time to please your sweet tooth with Eliane´s latest recipe!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
For the cake
This recipe is for 2 layers 8-inch cake.
- 2 cups gluten free flour and 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup of Honey
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla
- 3/4 cup of canola oil
- 1 1/4 cup of coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup of orange juice – Tip: Use freshly squeeze juice better.
- Zest of one orange
For the orange frosting
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 40 g of Coconut oil
- 400 g of orange juice (fresh)
- 100 g of Honey
- 35 g of Corn starch
HOW TO PREPARE THE HEALTHY ORANGE VANILLA CAKE
For the cake
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line the bottom of the pan (8 inches) with parchment paper or non-sticky oil.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, orange zest, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, honey, vanilla, orange juice until foamy and tripled in size. Then add milk, and last oil, slowly stirring while mixing.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth. Divide it into 2 and bake for 25-30 min until a fork comes out clean.
Yummy Tip: If you like coconut, you can add 1/4 cup coconut flakes to the batter.
For the orange cream
- Mix Egg Yolk, honey and, corn starch, whisk until ribbon stage.
- Put in a pot the fresh orange and the rest of the honey, heat over medium heat until it dissolves.
- Add the warm liquid to the eggs, whisking all the time to prevent the coagulation of the egg.
- Put the eggs and juice mixture back over medium heat and cook it until thickens. After that, remove from heat and transfer it to a bowl. Cover it until it sets.
If you have any questions about the recipe or if you do it at home, send us your pictures. We will publish them in our social media accounts.
Same with previous recipes. Check them out!
Healthy living to you all!!!