Eliane Kozal from EatsAndTreatsDxb.com has prepared another delicious recipe for #DFN Food: Carrot & Banana Muffins!. She always finds ways to help us enjoy the pleasure of eating all those sweets we crave for and keeping us healthy all at the same time. These babies have no sugar, no gluten and no dairy and yet they are super nice and tasty.
CARROT & BANANA MUFFINS – GLUTEN, DAIRY, AND REFINED SUGAR FREE.
Muffins are great for breakfast, and as snack in the afternoon. These ones, are made with nature’s best sweeteners: banana, apple, and carrot. We have them filled with walnuts for an extra kick of healthy fats and protein.
Not only they are healthy, satisfying and made with fresh ingredients, but they are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
This recipe serves approximately 12 muffins – and total preparation time is around 45 min.
THE INGREDIENTS THAT YOU WOULD NEED
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup apple (grated)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ Cup almond milk
- 1 Cup grated carrots
- 2/3 Cups gluten free oats
- 1 Cup + 2 tbsp. gluten free flour
- 5 tsp baking soda
- ½ Cup walnuts chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven and prepare muffin tin with liners or lightly grease them. I use non-sticky oil spray as it works better for me.
- Blend the eggs on medium speed, add the Maple syrup, mashed bananas, olive oil and whisk well until combined.
- Add the mashed apples, cinnamon and stir.
- Next, add almond milk then the grated carrots and stir well.
- Add oats, gluten free flour, baking soda and combine very well.
- Divide into the muffin tins, fill them, and top them with crushed walnuts. (you can also mix the walnuts with the muffin mix).
- Bake for 30 min approximately or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let set in the pan for 15 min.
This is an easy and fun recipe that you will simply love. Let us know how did it go and send us the pictures of your muffins to email@example.com.
Want more inspiration? Check another healthy recipe here.